CMA's off-site programs are designed with your classroom in mind. These programs meet specific FCAT benchmarks and enrich student experiences by providing hands-on learning experiences. Expand upon daily classroom curriculum with a visit from one of CMA's education staff members, as well as different animal artifacts, living creatures, and more.
Off-site programs are...
- 30-45 minutes in length - perfect for one class period!
- Available within 40 miles of Clearwater Marine Aquarium (mileage fee applies)
- Customizable to meet your schedule and curriculum!
- Geared for either "All Ages" or specific grades - those geared towards specific grades meet FCAT benchmarks.
- Cost $150 for the first program/$125 for each additional program scheduled on the same day at the same site
- A hands-on way to bring CMA to your classroom!
Below is our menu of off-site choices! Click the program title to learn more!
Clearwater Marine Aquarium - A Working Marine Animal Hospital (All Ages)
Tail Talk (All Ages)
Sea Turtle Nesting (All Ages)
No Bones About It! (K-2)
Educational Foci: Describing animals using our five senses, comparing and contrasting how different animals move and what they need to survive
Age Range: K-2nd Grade
Sunshine State Standards: SC.K.P.12.1, SC.K.L.14.3, SC.1.L.12.1, SC.1.L.17.1, SC.2.L.17.1, SC.2.L.17.2
Rescue, Rehab, Release (1-5)
Educational Foci: Describing what animals need to survive, how marine animals are adapted to their environment, taking measurements to gain necessary information, and basic comparative anatomy
Age Range: 1st-5th Grade
Sunshine State Standards: SC.1.L.17.1, MA.1.G.5.1, SC.2.L.17.1, SC.2.L.17.2, MA.2.G.3.1, SC, MA.3.G.5.2, SC.4.L.16.3, SC.5.L.17.1, SC.5.L.14.2
Dolphin Deputies (1-5)
Educational Foci: Describing what animals, including humans, need to survive, different forms of energy that humans rely on, and overall human impact on the environment
Age Range: 1st-5th grade
Sunshine State Standards: SC.1.L.17.1, SC.2.L.17.1, SC.L.17.2, SC.2.P.10.1, SC.3.P.10.1, SC.4.P.10.1, SC.4.P.10.4, SC.4.L.17.4, SC.5.P.10.1
Marine Animal Adaptations (3-5)
Students will spend time applying what they've learned about CMA's residents with a fun activity that will bring out the "wild side" of the group. Classroom time will also include a question and answer session about Winter and how she was able to adapt to the loss of her tail. Students will have the opportunity to get up-close and personal with Winter's tail. Educational Foci: How animals are scientifically classified, comparing learned and natural behaviors, discussing how marine animals are adapted to their different environments
Age Range: 3rd-5th Grade
Sunshine State Standards: SC.3.L.15.1, SC.4.L.16.3, SC.5.L.17.1
Flipping for Dolphins (4-5)
Educational Foci: Comparing learned and natural behaviors, how psychology plays a role in animal care, discussing how marine animals are adapted to their different environments, how humans imitate those natural environments and behaviors for animals in captivity
Age Range: 4th-5th Grade
Sunshine State Standards: SC.4.L.16.3, SC.5.L.17.1
Bringing Up Baby (4-8)
Educational Foci: How scientists take on different roles to create solutions to problems, how reproductive strategies differ among species, comparing learned and natural behaviors
Age Range: 4th-8th Grade
Sunshine State Standards: SC.4.L.16.3, SC.5.L.17.1, SC.6.N.1.5
Stories of Survival (9-12)
Educational Foci: How technology assists with the health of animals, how humans impact our environment, how innovative methods help to protect natural ecosystems
Age Range: 9th-12th Grade
Sunshine State Standards: SC.912.L.16.10, SC.912.L.17.16, SC.912.L.17.17
To reserve your off site program, please call (727) 441-1790 ext. 252. Two weeks' advance registration is highly recommended for off-site programs. See "Helpful Hints" for more details.
- Try to book your off-site program at least 1 month ahead of time. Keep in mind, we are busier in the spring time and tend to book up faster!
- A mileage fee of $0.56 per mile applies to all off-site programs.
- Payment is due prior to program date.
- All fees are waived for Pinellas County schools during Great American Teach-In.
- Videos and CMA Curriculum are available on our website and can be used to introduce your class to CMA prior to our visit.
- Download the prepared itinerary below to make the most of your CMA educational experience! The itinerary also contains all reservation and refund policies, as well as accommodation information.