Trainer for a Day Contest
Contest Starts: July 14, 2014
Contest Ends: July 20, 2014
How to Participate
Tell us why you want to be a marine mammal trainer at Clearwater Marine Aquarium by using mixed media of your choice like video, photos or collages.
Simply mention the Clearwater Marine Aquarium's Facebook page in a post/description on your Facebook wall and use the hashtag #FutureCMATrainer to make your submission. If your page is private, please post your submission to Clearwater Marine Aquarium's Facebook page.
Rules - Please read carefully
- "Trainer for a day" program with Austin Highsmith takes place on Thursday, July 24, 2014, 10:00 am this program is not available or applicable at any other time.
- Winners must be at least 10 years old, able to climb stairs and lift 15 pounds. If you are under the age of 13 you must have someone over the age of 13 make your submission.
- NO jewelry is allowed during any animal interactions, NO exceptions.
- Participants must fill out a waiver before the program begins.
- Upon entry, participants must acknowledge that this promotion is no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- The winner, if under the age of 18 must be accompanied to Clearwater Marine Aquarium by an adult (21+).
- Clearwater Marine Aquarium will ONLY provide a "trainer for day program" and 4 tickets to Clearwater Marine Aquarium. Transportation to and from Clearwater Marine Aquarium + any other accommodations will be the responsibility of the winner.
*Admission for four (4) to the Clearwater Marine Aquarium for Thursday, July 24, 2014
1 "trainer for a day program" including with a visit by Austin Highsmith (trainer from Dolphin Tale) for Thursday, July 24, 2014
During this once-in-a-lifetime experience, you will shadow one of our hosts to participate in programs with the trainers and our animals through four hours of:
- food preparation,
- animal enrichment,
- exhibit maintenance and
- record keeping.
Participants will work with our Atlantic bottlenose dolphins and our North American river otters.
Winner will receive a complimentary photo, bag, T-shirt &towel during their experience.
How do you know if you won?
The winner will be chosen on Monday, July 21, 2014 and announced on Clearwater Marine Aquarium's Facebook page at 4:00pm. The winner will need to provide their contact information(email address) to CMA to obtain prize.
The winner must claim their prize by Tuesday, July 22, 2014 at 5:00pm. If the winner does not claim their prize another participant will be chosen.