It's not just a great place to visit…it's a wonderful place to work!
Clearwater Marine Aquarium's mission is to restore and preserve our marine environment. We accomplish our mission through leadership in education, research, and the rescue, rehabilitation, and release of marine life. Everyone here plays an integral role in working toward the accomplishment of our mission. If you are interested in employment with us please submit your resume. We are currently only accepting resumes for posted positions.
Clearwater Marine Aquarium is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation. Clearwater Marine Aquarium is a drug free workplace..
To Apply for a Posted Position:
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Dawn De Santis - Assistant Vice President of Guest Relations/Human Resources
No phone calls or walk-ins, please.
Director, Digital Media
POSITION TITLE: Director, Digital Media
REPORTS TO: Kirsten Fisher, VP, Marketing and Advertising
EXEMPT OR NON-EXEMPT: Exempt
PERCENTAGE OF FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT: 100%
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Able to lift minimum 50 pounds, be comfortable in water, work in extreme weather conditions (hot, humid, rain)
Manage all digital media for the Clearwater Marine Aquarium including the website, mobile site, apps and social media. Ensure the CMA has the most consumer friendly and compelling content that drives attendance, revenue and on-going engagement with the aquarium while promoting our mission. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS::
- Work with the VP, Marketing to develop a new website/mobile site to facilitate admission and the aquarium experience, explain the CMA mission, encourage donation and membership, provide an interactive experience with the animals, provide repeat consumer engagement and educate.
- Work with the VP, Marketing on the development of a CMA app
- Oversee the social media marketing strategy
- Create and implement with the team an annual content plan in conjunction with the annual marketing plan set by the VP, Marketing and CEO
- Work with the VP, Marketing to develop innovative sales opportunities to extend CMA sponsorship to a global audience
- Work with the VP, Marketing to increase traffic and engagement to all digital assets
- Ensure the website and associated software maximizes the efficiency of all relevant departments and their initiatives
- Oversee the collection and analysis of in house data to ensure we are coordinated and gain maximum marketing benefit from those who interact with us through on-site attendance, on-line retail sales, membership, donation and other means
- Oversee SEO
- Manger the internal digital department
- Management of the digital budget
- Strong understanding of digital marketing
- Expertise in digital project management and strategic thinking
- Experience in an interactive agency or project management environment
- Experience working on large-scale web-related projects
- Deep knowledge of social media platforms and analytics
- Possess working understanding of best practices in website usability and design
- Comfort with web publishing technologies and content management systems
- Revenue generation, ticket sales, on-line sales and sponsorship experience
- Experience in app development
- Understanding of video editing platforms
- Strong editorial skills
- Proactive, eager to innovate and comfortable in a rapidly changing environment
- Work effectively with a variety of internal teams, including Marketing &Advertising, Volunteers, Animal Care and Education
- Ability to effectively maintain expectations and meet key deadlines
- Proven ability to balance multiple priorities and strong attention to detail
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Computer Sciences, Advertising or related.
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership role
- Comprehensive knowledge of Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Microsoft AdCenter
- Experience with Altru/Blackbaud and other reservation system software a plus.
ABOUT CMA: ABOUT CMA: Established in 1978, Clearwater Marine Aquarium (CMA), a Florida 501(c)(3) nonprofit, is the world's most recognized marine life rescue center, and is dedicated to rehabilitation and release, environmental education, and bringing inspirational moments to kids and wounded soldiers. CMA is one of the fastest growing organizations in the world. Winter the dolphin's inspirational story of survival has touched millions of people around the world. A #1 hit major motion picture, Dolphin Tale, about her life story was produced and released globally by Warner Bros.-based Alcon Entertainment, starring Morgan Freeman, Harry Connick, Jr., and Ashley Judd. A sequel, Dolphin Tale 2, is in process with the entire cast returning. The two movies have created unparalleled marketing and promotional opportunities for CMA. The documentary, "Winter: The Dolphin that Could", takes viewers on an extraordinary journey through her rescue, fight to stay alive and extensive rehabilitation. Scholastic published Winter's Tail: How One Little Dolphin Learned to Swim Again in October 2009, and two books on Dolphin Tale in September, 2011.
POSITION TITLE: Captain
REPORTS TO: Lead Captain
EXEMPT OR NON-EXEMPT: Exempt PERCENTAGE OF FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT: Part Time Seasonal
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to endure long periods outside in the heat, have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs, have the dexterity and physical ability to be able to check engine fluids, conduct vessel inspections, as well as man overboard drills, and perform periodic maintenance on vessels.
The captain must ensure that the crew follow proper safety procedures and practices; make certain the boat's equipment and machinery are in working order; and be responsible for the safe loading and unloading of passengers. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS::
- Ensuring maintenance and operation of the vessels
- General readiness of CMA vessels including:
- Fuel, water, waste
- Safety equipment
- Vessel cleanliness
- Scheduling of periodic maintenance
- Scheduling of annual USCG inspections
- Ensuring all proper Documentation and Placards, Manuals, Charts, Lightlists, Radio Station License, etc. are on board
- Any other documentation that is required of a Small Passenger Vessel
- Will have the capability to make safety announcements on each trip and ensure proper demonstration of location and operation of safety devices.
- The incumbent will ensure each mate is qualified to perform their respective duties according to USCG requirements including but not limited to
- Enrollment in an approved random drug testing program
- Performance of emergency procedures and man overboard drills
- Current USCG Master of Steam near coastal 25 ton license (minimum), 100 ton License preferred).
- Radio Telephone operators license
- First Aid Certification
- CPR Certification
- Enrolled in CMA Random Drug Testing Program
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of small passenger vessels
- Demonstrated ability in the operation of small passenger vessels
- College degree preferred.
Marine Life & Environmental Educator
POSITION TITLE: Marine Life & Environmental Educator
REPORTS TO: Director of Education
EXEMPT OR NON-EXEMPT: Non-exempt temporary
PERCENTAGE OF FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT: Part-time
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The ability to climb stairs, lift 50 lbs., pull nets and drive CMA vehicles.
- Conduct Education Programs to School Groups and other groups interested in marine life and environmental education.
- Development and implementation of marine science and environmental educational programs such as public programs and summer camp activities
- Interacting with the public and maintaining aquaria and touch tanks
- Assist with organizing community events and teacher training workshops as needed
- Assist with ecological research &monitoring projects in the field as needed
- Perform other duties relating to the organization's goals and mission as required
- Conduct off-site educational presentations as scheduled.
- Present on-site educational presentations as scheduled.
- Conduct Kayak programs as scheduled.
- Maintain and oversee touch tank care and feeding.
- Oversee and conduct group add-on programs at the Aquarium.
- Assist with custom broadcasts and distance learning programs.
- Narrate boat trips as scheduled.
- Attend off-site festival events as scheduled.
- Conduct educational programs (i.e. sleepovers, seasonal camps, and other special programs).
- Assist with the care and maintenance of the Animal Ambassadors.
- Assist with grant writing and applicable sponsorship applications.
- Assist with research projects and data management.
- Participate in curriculum development and program development.
- Monitor equipment and notify supervisors of any issues.
- Maintain equipment and supplies in good working order.
- Attend all staff meetings and trainings as assigned.
- Provide creative input for assignments and assist with project development.
- Evaluate operations and foresee potential problems/opportunities for improvement and take action to correct issues/implement changes.
- Identify program expansion opportunities and provide a plan of action.
- College degree in Life or Environmental Sciences, Education, Biology, Marine Science, Zoology, Recreation, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Environmental Public Policy, Conservation or related major preferred.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Adobe Photoshop
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including interpersonal skills, working well independently and with teams
- Demonstrate strong organization and time management skills to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines; analytical and organizational skills, with attention to detail
- Valid Florida Drivers License
- Some leadership experience either with a paid or volunteer organization
- Experience working with the public in a formal or informal learning setting (i.e. zoo, aquarium, museum, science center or classroom)
- Knowledge of Florida ecosystems and wildlife.
- Experience with public presentations and excellent public interactions skills.
- Experience with various types of presentation equipment.
- Experience with research a plus.
Retail Store Manager
POSITION TITLE: Retail Store Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Retail Sales
SUPERVISES: Retail Staff &Volunteers
EXEMPT OR NON-EXEMPT: Exempt
PERCENTAGE OF FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT: 100%
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Standing for long periods of time. Lifting boxes &bending to stock shelves.
This position is key to guest experience, along with overseeing all retail sales and operations. Retail Store manager will assist the Director of Retail with the training, and supervision of the shift employees, volunteers and will be involved with supervising and conducting the below functions. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop weekly schedule for their retail store location – maintaining a balance of hours to keep part-time employees within allotted and authorized hours.
- Ensure store focus and communication is met to achieve sales goals and projects are achieved.
- Track store productivity and communicate sales planning to Director of Retail ensuring that sales goals are achieved.
- Schedule staff as needed to cover peak shifts to enhance the guest experience.
- Authority to manage guest issues, and do what needs to be done to satisfy guests and maximize their sales experience.
- Schedule weekly planning meeting with key store management.
- Strict Communication is achieved with all retail staff, cross departments and retail back of house support.
- Opening/Closing the POS system.
- Oversee the processing of all Cash &Credit Sales Transactions.
- Up sell merchandise through sales promotions.
- Monitor daily sales and per capita results.
- Keep all Retail areas stocked, organized and cleaned.
- Inform Director of Retail Sales of merchandise needs.
- Make sure merchandise is stocked during non peak shifts.
- Assist with Staff and Volunteer guest experience training.
- Any additional duties as assigned by Director of Retail Sales.
- High School Diploma, or GED, Business degree preferred
- Excellent Customer Service skills with 5 years in a Retail store
- Prior Retail Management required
- Experience in visual display and merchandising
- Supervisory skills
- Ability to multi-task in high pressure situations
POSITION TITLE: Maintenance/Custodian/Security
REPORTS TO: Manager - Facilities
EXEMPT OR NON-EXEMPT: Non-exempt
PERCENTAGE OF FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT: Part Time
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: No physical limitations
This position is responsible for supporting the maintenance and maintaining cleanliness throughout the facility ensuring both the interior and exterior of the grounds and facility are neat, clean, tidy and secure. This position requires interdepartmental coordination within operational needs and goals of CMA. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- General maintenance work for other departments including moving furniture etc.
- Basic plumbing repairs including restroom fixture repairs/unclogging pipes
- Basic carpentry work as needed
- Painting and wall repair as needed
- Keep exterior facility grounds mowed, edged, and trimmed appropriately
- Replacing light bulbs and HVAC filters
- Follow cleaning schedule, which includes sweeping, mopping, stocking, and cleaning building interior and removing all trash.
- Follow schedule for periodic daily cleaning of men's and ladies restrooms
- Support special events set-up and tear down.
- Order supplies to support function
- Responsible for general security functions as assigned.
- Handle security situations in professional manner.
- Represent the Aquarium and its interest in a positive light, always.
- Remain calm and polite in all situations.
- Present a professional appearance, clean and groomed.
- High School diploma or GED
- Valid FL drivers license
- Understanding of power tool usage and heavy equipment operation
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Must be capable of lifting up to #50, sit, kneel and stand for long periods of time
* The Clearwater Marine Aquarium reserves the right to revise job descriptions or work hours as required.