It's not just a great place to visit…it's a wonderful place to work!
Clearwater Marine Aquarium's mission is to restore and preserve our marine environment. We accomplish our mission through leadership in education, research, and the rescue, rehabilitation, and release of marine life. Everyone here plays an integral role in working toward the accomplishment of our mission. If you are interested in employment with us please submit your resume. We are currently only accepting resumes for posted positions.
Clearwater Marine Aquarium is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation. Clearwater Marine Aquarium is a drug free workplace..
To Apply for a Posted Position:
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Dawn De Santis - Assistant Vice President of Guest Relations/Human Resources
No phone calls or walk-ins, please.
POSITION TITLE: Education Associate
REPORTS TO: Supervisor of Education Programs, Education Team Leads
SUPERVISES: Volunteers involved with conducted programs
EXEMPT OR NON-EXEMPT: Non-exempt/Temporary
PERCENTAGE OF FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT: Varies
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The ability to climb stairs, lift 50 lbs., pull nets and drive CMA vehicles.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: Conduct Education Programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Give off-site educational presentations as scheduled.
- Give on-site educational presentations as scheduled.
- Conduct Kayak programs as scheduled.
- Supervise volunteer and intern Animal Educators, and fill in when necessary.
- Conduct Guided Tours and S.E.A. programs as scheduled.
- Assist with CMA L.I.V.E. distance learning programs.
- Assist with Sea Life Safari boat trips as scheduled.
- Attend off-site festival events as scheduled.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings.
- College degree in science, education or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Florida ecosystems and wildlife.
- Experience with public presentations and excellent public interactions skills.
- Experience with various types of presentation equipment.
- Customer service experience, boating experience preferred.
Food and Beverage Associate
POSITION TITLE: Food and Beverage Associate
REPORTS TO: Food and Beverage Manager
EXEMPT OR NON-EXEMPT: Non-Exempt
PERCENTAGE OF FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT: Part-time
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to lift up to 30 lbs and stand for long periods of time.
- Interaction with guests while selling/ringing up sales using point of sale (POS) computer.
- Use up-sell techniques to improve daily revenues.
- Keep cart location areas clean and organized, trash emptied and floors swept.
- Cash drawer management and accountability.
- Constant guest focus and awareness of guest needs.
- POS terminal operation
- Maintaining and restocking Food inventory from store room to retail space
- Ensuring beverage displays are iced properly
- High School Diploma required
POSITION TITLE: Ship's Mate
REPORTS TO: Lead Captain, and assigned Boat Captain
EXEMPT OR NON-EXEMPT: Non-Exempt
PERCENTAGE OF FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT: Part-time, Temporary
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to endure long periods outside in the heat, have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs, have the dexterity and physical ability to be able to check engine fluids, conduct vessel inspections, as well as man overboard drills, and perform periodic maintenance on vessels.
The first mate is the right hand man of the captain, required to meet all requests of the captain and advise him when requested regarding all matters pertaining to the vessel and passengers. The Mate must take direction from the captain and communicate any information from him to the passengers when necessary or directed. He/she is there to ensure the safety of the passenger by conducting safety demonstrations and to assist in emergencies.
The mate is also responsible for maintenance tasks as directed by the lead or assigned captain of the vessel. He/she must ensure the vessel is ship shape, cleaned and ready to go. They are to assist passengers with embarkation and debarkation with departures and arrivals. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensuring maintenance and operation of the vessels
- General readiness of CMA vessels including: Fuel, water, waste; Safety equipment; Vessel cleanliness; Scheduling of periodic maintenance; Scheduling of annual USCG inspections; Ensuring all proper Documentation and Placards, Manuals, Charts, Lightlists, Radio Station License, etc. are on board; Any other documentation that is required of a Small Passenger Vessel
- Will have the capability to make safety announcements and/or safety demonstrations on each trip and know the location and operation of safety devices.
- Ability to perform successfully safety drills including man overboard and fire drills
- Assist with docking a vessel and properly securing the vessel to the dock or pier.
- Enrolled in CMA Random Drug Testing Program
- General knowledge of the operation and maintenance of small passenger vessels
- Demonstrated ability to tie basic nautical knots
- Demonstrated ability in the operation of small passenger vessels
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
* The Clearwater Marine Aquarium reserves the right to revise job descriptions or work hours as required.