It's not just a great place to visit…it's a wonderful place to work!
Clearwater Marine Aquarium's mission is to restore and preserve our marine environment. We accomplish our mission through leadership in education, research, and the rescue, rehabilitation, and release of marine life. Everyone here plays an integral role in working toward the accomplishment of our mission. If you are interested in employment with us please submit your resume. We are currently only accepting resumes for posted positions.
Clearwater Marine Aquarium is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation. Clearwater Marine Aquarium is a drug free workplace..
To Apply for a Posted Position:
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Dawn De Santis - Assistant Vice President of Guest Relations/Human Resources
No phone calls or walk-ins, please.
Director of Corporate Marketing
POSITION TITLE: Director of Corporate Marketing
REPORTS TO:Vice President of Marketing
EXEMPT OR NON-EXEMPT: Exempt
PERCENTAGE OF FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT: 100%
ABOUT CMA: ABOUT CMA:Established in 1978, Clearwater Marine Aquarium (CMA), a Florida 501(c)(3) nonprofit, is the world's most recognized marine life rescue center, and is dedicated to rehabilitation and release, environmental education, and bringing inspirational moments to kids and wounded soldiers. CMA is one of the fastest growing organizations in the world. Winter the dolphin's inspirational story of survival has touched millions of people around the world. A #1 hit major motion picture, Dolphin Tale, about her life story was produced and released globally by Warner Bros.-based Alcon Entertainment, starring Morgan Freeman, Harry Connick, Jr., and Ashley Judd. A sequel, Dolphin Tale 2, is in process with the entire cast returning. The two movies have created unparalleled marketing and promotional opportunities for CMA. The documentary, "Winter: The Dolphin that Could", takes viewers on an extraordinary journey through her rescue, fight to stay alive and extensive rehabilitation. Scholastic published Winter's Tail: How One Little Dolphin Learned to Swim Again in October 2009, and two books on Dolphin Tale in September, 2011.
CMA currently has 75 full-time staff, and 100 part-time employees. CMA is also supported by more than 1,000 active volunteers. The 2013 attendance was 750,000, up from 210,000 the year before.
The Director of Corporate Marketing is responsible for providing creation and implementation of all aspects of corporate sponsorships. As a senior staff member, s/he will oversee a comprehensive effort to progressively increase local, national and global corporate sponsorships, leveraging the awareness built by the movies and future similar expected media projects. S/he will be an active member of the organization's senior management team.
CMA has entered into a global arena, with multiple global brands, and is planning a new large facility in downtown Clearwater, Florida. All of this is backdrop for a successful corporate sponsorship platform.
- Set annual marketing goals and budgets for corporate sponsorships and related revenue with the VP of Marketing.
- Working with the VP of Marketing, develop, propose, and fully implement all approved corporate marketing initiatives for CMA, including but not limited to the following areas:
- Global, national and local corporate sponsorships
- CMA branding issues and related opportunities
- Private events, including corporate events
- Supervise all initiatives from conception of strategies through implementation.
- Develop and track metrics and success criteria for all approved corporate marketing programs and activities.
- 7 years marketing and experience with 3 years in a senior management position.
- Substantial experience soliciting and securing corporate sponsorships for an organization or event, including a strong understanding of the marketing benefits to be offered to a corporate partner, such as the benefits of aligning with a national brand and how to leverage that association in its own marketing and advertising.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in Marketing or related field(s).
- Ability to plan and manage at both strategic and operational levels.
- Exceptional track record of developing and implementing marketing strategies that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives, providing personal leadership through example.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results driven, team oriented environment.
- Proven, strong leadership and management skills.
- A demonstrated capacity to lead, manage and motivate professional and support staff members, senior staff, Board members, and volunteers.
- Exceptional strength in writing and editing, with the ability to supervise others in this capacity.
- Appreciation of the mission of CMA and an ability to effectively communicate that mission.
- Must be a self-starting individual with a clear set of priorities but with the ability to be flexible and adapt to changing circumstances.
The pay for this position is commensurate with experience. This position includes a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life, matching 401(k) program, and paid time off (PTO).
APPLICATION INFORMATION: Email cover letter and resume to Dawn DeSantis, Assistant Vice President of Guest Relations/Human Resources, Clearwater Marine Aquarium at email@example.com.
Major Gift Officer
POSITION TITLE:Major Gift Officer
REPORTS TO:Director of Development
EXEMPT OR NON-EXEMPT:Exempt PERCENTAGE OF FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT: 100%
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Should have no physical restrictions
In collaboration with the Director of Development the Major Gifts Officer will:
- Develop and implement a Major Gifts Program designed to increase gifts of $5,000+
- Carry out all aspects of the gift cycle:
- Initiate contacts with potential major donors
- Develop and coordinate appropriate cultivation strategies
- Advance potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation and closure
- Conduct solicitations
- Maintain stewardship and contact with donor.
- Initiate "moves management" or similar program to systematically analyze and track donor data to create relationship-based strategies and increase success rates with major and planned gifts
- Conduct personal meetings each week, including on-site tours and off-site donor visits
- Develop and manage a portfolio of prospective donors, with strategies developed to meet their specific interests and needs
- Identify donors through coordination with Donor Relations Officer, as well as through other research avenues
- Work with Director of Development to develop collateral materials to be included in direct mail solicitations, newsletters, website, etc
- Build on existing donor recognition programs to enhance engagement and stewardship
- Meet major gift fundraising revenue expectations
- Maintain accurate donor records and notes in fundraising system
- Prepare monthly reports tracking activities and outcomes
- Bachelor's degree; a minimum of 5 years of successful fundraising experience require, with a proven track record of successful cultivation and solicitation of large gifts, including five and six figured gifts.
- A clear understanding of donor cultivation and solicitation of major gifts
- Success with previous face-to-face solicitations
- Experience with internet research and prospecting through database
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office suite of products including: Outlook, Excel, Access, Word, Publisher, and Power Point
- Well organized, professional, and ability to multi-task
- Exceptional communication skills, with skills of tact and diplomacy
- The ability to build successful working relationships with board members, staff, volunteers and donors
- Strong writing skills and proven success of producing reports, solicitation proposals and other solicitation materials
- Ability to think strategically; engage people with a variety of backgrounds and viewpoints; and work meticulously with close attention to detail
- Some travel required
- Able to work under highly stressed conditions
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Marine Life & Environmental Educator
POSITION TITLE: Marine Life & Environmental Educator
REPORTS TO: Director of Education
EXEMPT OR NON-EXEMPT: Non-exempt temporary PERCENTAGE OF FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT: Varies
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The ability to climb stairs, lift 50 lbs., pull nets and drive CMA vehicles.
- Conduct Education Programs to School Groups and other groups interested in marine life and environmental education.
- Development and implementation of marine science and environmental educational programs such as public programs and summer camp activities
- Interacting with the public and maintaining aquaria and touch tanks
- Assist with organizing community events and teacher training workshops as needed
- Assist with ecological research &monitoring projects in the field as needed
- Perform other duties relating to the organization's goals and mission as required
- Conduct off-site educational presentations as scheduled.
- Present on-site educational presentations as scheduled.
- Conduct Kayak programs as scheduled.
- Maintain and oversee touch tank care and feeding.
- Oversee and conduct group add-on programs at the Aquarium.
- Assist with custom broadcasts and distance learning programs.
- Narrate boat trips as scheduled.
- Attend off-site festival events as scheduled.
- Conduct educational programs (i.e. sleepovers, seasonal camps, and other special programs).
- Assist with the care and maintenance of the Animal Ambassadors.
- Assist with grant writing and applicable sponsorship applications.
- Assist with research projects and data management.
- Participate in curriculum development and program development.
- Monitor equipment and notify supervisors of any issues.
- Maintain equipment and supplies in good working order.
- Attend all staff meetings and trainings as assigned.
- Provide creative input for assignments and assist with project development.
- Evaluate operations and foresee potential problems/opportunities for improvement and take action to correct issues/implement changes.
- Identify program expansion opportunities and provide a plan of action.
- College degree in Life or Environmental Sciences, Education, Biology, Marine Science, Zoology, Recreation, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Environmental Public Policy, Conservation or related major preferred.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Adobe Photoshop
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including interpersonal skills, working well independently and with teams
- Demonstrate strong organization and time management skills to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines; analytical and organizational skills, with attention to detail
- Valid Florida Drivers License
- Some leadership experience either with a paid or volunteer organization
- Experience working with the public in a formal or informal learning setting (i.e. zoo, aquarium, museum, science center or classroom)
- Knowledge of Florida ecosystems and wildlife.
- Experience with public presentations and excellent public interactions skills.
- Experience with various types of presentation equipment.
- Experience with research a plus.
Director, Digital Media
POSITION TITLE: Director, Digital Media
REPORTS TO: Kirsten Fisher, VP, Marketing and Advertising
SUPERVISES: Website Manager, Manager, Social Media and Digital Assistant
EXEMPT OR NON-EXEMPT: Exempt PERCENTAGE OF FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT: 100% PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY:
Manage all digital media for the Clearwater Marine Aquarium including the website, mobile site, apps and social media. Ensure the CMA has the most consumer friendly and compelling content that drives attendance, revenue and on-going engagement with the aquarium while promoting our mission. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS::
- Work with the VP, Marketing to develop a new website/mobile site to facilitate admission and the aquarium experience, explain the CMA mission, encourage donation and membership, provide an interactive experience with the animals, provide repeat consumer engagement and educate.
- Work with the VP, Marketing on the development of a CMA app
- Oversee the social media marketing strategy
- Create and implement with the team an annual content plan in conjunction with the annual marketing plan set by the VP, Marketing and CEO
- Work with the VP, Marketing to develop innovative sales opportunities to extend CMA sponsorship to a global audience
- Work with the VP, Marketing to increase traffic and engagement to all digital assets
- Ensure the website and associated software maximizes the efficiency of all relevant departments and their initiatives
- Oversee the collection and analysis of in house data to ensure we are coordinated and gain maximum marketing benefit from those who interact with us through on-site attendance, on-line retail sales, membership, donation and other means
- Oversee SEO
- Manger the internal digital department
- Management of the digital budget
- Strong understanding of digital marketing
- Expertise in digital project management and strategic thinking
- Experience in an interactive agency or project management environment
- Experience working on large-scale web-related projects
- Deep knowledge of social media platforms and analytics
- Possess working understanding of best practices in website usability and design
- Comfort with web publishing technologies and content management systems
- Revenue generation, ticket sales, on-line sales and sponsorship experience
- Experience in app development
- Understanding of video editing platforms
- Strong editorial skills
- Proactive, eager to innovate and comfortable in a rapidly changing environment
- Work effectively with a variety of internal teams, including Marketing &Advertising, Volunteers, Animal Care and Education
- Ability to effectively maintain expectations and meet key deadlines
- Proven ability to balance multiple priorities and strong attention to detail
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Computer Sciences, Advertising or related.
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership role
- Comprehensive knowledge of Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Microsoft AdCenter
- Experience with Altru/Blackbaud and other reservation system software a plus.
ABOUT CMA: ABOUT CMA: Established in 1978, Clearwater Marine Aquarium (CMA), a Florida 501(c)(3) nonprofit, is the world's most recognized marine life rescue center, and is dedicated to rehabilitation and release, environmental education, and bringing inspirational moments to kids and wounded soldiers. CMA is one of the fastest growing organizations in the world. Winter the dolphin's inspirational story of survival has touched millions of people around the world. A #1 hit major motion picture, Dolphin Tale, about her life story was produced and released globally by Warner Bros.-based Alcon Entertainment, starring Morgan Freeman, Harry Connick, Jr., and Ashley Judd. A sequel, Dolphin Tale 2, is in process with the entire cast returning. The two movies have created unparalleled marketing and promotional opportunities for CMA. The documentary, "Winter: The Dolphin that Could", takes viewers on an extraordinary journey through her rescue, fight to stay alive and extensive rehabilitation. Scholastic published Winter's Tail: How One Little Dolphin Learned to Swim Again in October 2009, and two books on Dolphin Tale in September, 2011.
* The Clearwater Marine Aquarium reserves the right to revise job descriptions or work hours as required.